‘Sheikh Russel Day’ was observed marking the 58th birthday of Sheikh Russel, the youngest son of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on 18th October, 2021. Sheikh Russel was born on this day in 1964 at the historic Bangabandhu Bhaban in Dhanmondi. Shakti Foundation had undertaken different programs all over the country in order to observe the day.
- Dropdown banners were displayed for several days at the head office and all 445 branch offices.
- Discussion meetings and prayer mahfils were organized to honor the memory of Sheikh Russel and his family members in all premises of Shakti Foundation.
- Shakti distributed food among 100 children and teenagers in Chattogram Jail under the initiative of District Commissioner of Chattogram.
- A discussion meeting was organized at Roupabad Orphanage Center and food was distributed among 200 orphans and special needs children. Chattagram District Social Service Officer was present at the event.
- Shakti organized discussion meetings and prayers at Gopalganj District Sadar Mosque and food was distributed among 300 people.
- Food distribution among 1100 disadvantaged people and orphans at Madrasa, Orphanage, Railway Station was carried out by Gafargaon branch, Mymensingh.
- In Rajshahi, a composition and painting competition was organized in collaboration with Shishu Academy, and Shakti Foundation presented crests to 6 winners and scarves to 36 participants.
- A drawing competition was organized at Jashpur Government Primary School in Raghunathpur area of Cumilla and prizes were given to a total of 25 students.
A drawing and composition competition was held for children and adolescents in Majidpur Union, the working area of ENRICH program, and prizes were given to a total of 25 people.