Shakti Foundation expresses its utmost respect on the occasion of National Mourning Day and 46th death anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Bangamata Fazilatun Nessa Mujib and all martyrs of 15 August.
To commemorate the National Mourning Day, Shakti Foundation has initiated month long programs in remembrance of the day. Our programs include-
- On 15th August the National Flag was half-mast in the Head office of Shakti Foundation.
- Shakti Foundation paid tribute and respect at the mausoleum of the Father of the Nation in Tungipara, Gopalganj.
- All branch offices and head office of Shakti Foundation are hanging banners and all staffs are wearing black badges month long to pay tribute to National Mourning Day.
- Dua Mahfil was arranged in all branch offices and head office of Shakti connecting all employees across the country virtually.
- Shakti Health program held medical camps to distribute masks, raise awareness regarding the importance of wearing masks properly to fight COVID 19 and provide free healthcare services at 43 Upozila Health Complexes across Bangladesh.
- Distributed food among 693 disadvantaged people and orphans on 15th August.
- Shakti Foundation has teamed up with the Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) in a monthlong program under the “Mask Amar, Surokkha Sobar” campaign to distribute free masks at 6 selected spots in Dhaka city, to raise awareness while research will be conducted to study the behavioral change by world renowned research organizations.
- Drawing and recitation competition were arranged for children maintaining proper social distancing rules.
- Documentary on the life and work of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was shown to Shakti employees.